Thursday 1 March 2012

Bed for Dudley

This is Dudley.  He is my mother-in-law's dog, and he is very much loved. Here he is, sitting poolside in Florida, sporting a kerchief that he got on his last visit to the groomers.


I have been collecting the kerchiefs for over one year, waiting for their chance to be refashioned.  After I had collected about 14 of them, they were washed and pressed, and cut up into 2 1/2 " squares.




I found a lovely green pillowcase from Value Village for $1.00 and made some bias tape.  I joined all the little squares together, quilted and attached it to the back of the pillowcase, and finished the edges with the bias tape.


Here you have it, a washable, up-cycled, colourful doggie bed.  
Doggie bed may not be the best description.  It is a pillowcase, that the dog's pillow fits into.  It can be washed whenever it is needed, and the pillow fits perfectly into his crate.


I had some squares remaining from this project, so I made Dudley a toy with a bell in it.  I used EVERY SINGLE square up, not one square remains!


It is waiting for him when he comes back from his holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment